This course requires 1 option.
Year 11 Accounting
Teacher in Charge: Imraz Sahib
Accounting and studying it is beneficial because,
1. Good job security : Every business require accountants, with the development in the industries more job opportunities will be created
2. Growth potential : You can go for CPA or ICANZ and widen your career
3. Career ladder : Professionals like Chartered accountants and Cost and management accountants are in high demand, and can reach up to CEO or CFO's chair
4. Know the pulse of business: accounting is the language of business, and therefore studying it helps to analysis the operation of business, and can evaluate and assess the activities
5. Better financial management : A good accountant knows when to invest, when not to invest, how to invest, why to make provisions, how to manage financial resources etc, and thus beneficial to the concern of which he is part of
6. Financial discipline: Studying accounting makes us financially disciplined persons
7. Earning potential: CPA and ICANZ’s have a better opportunity to earn higher remuneration
8. Independence: CPA and ICANZ's can practice independently without joining any companies or institutions
"You have to know accounting. It's the language of practical business life. It was a very useful thing to deliver to civilization. I've heard it came to civilization through Venice which of course was once the great commercial power in the Mediterranean. However, double entry bookkeeping was a hell of an invention".